This is the Part II of the blog post on Pai Paddhati. Part I is here:
This is the Part II of the blog post on Pai Paddhati. Part I is here:
The following general predictions for May 2017 is based on your Moon sign. If you do not know your Moon sign, check it here using this calculator from drikpanchang.com: Moon Sign Calculator
Aries Moon Sign
Early during the month (3rd May) Mercury turns direct in Aries – your Janma Rasi (Moon Sign). If you have a retrograde Mercury in your natal (birth) chart then the period of Mercury retrogression (10 April – 3 May) in transit would have given you gains via communication or short travel which, perhaps, enhanced your prestige or status. There may also have been minor illness during this time. For others (with a direct Mercury in their birth chart) this time (10 April – 3 May) may have been somewhat frustrating with matters related to short travels, relationship with siblings (where applicable) and employment. However, all these may resolve with Mercury turning direct late on the 3rd May. During the month, some of you may get indications of a monetary windfall or other forms of financial success. Long travel, if scheduled, may get postponed – unless you have a retrograde Jupiter in your birth chart.
Taurus Moon Sign
There may be and interest in Yoga, Meditation and courses like Vipassana during this month. Paradoxically, there may also be romantic desires and a tug on the heart strings – whether or not you are eligible for it! Some of you may get drawn one way and others may be drawn to Cupid. Irrespective of the path you select, you will need to put in repeated attempts if you wish to be successful. You may do well to be cautious (think/rethink/check/recheck) in all important matters and documents, from the beginning of the month until the end June. Profession and travel may have minor hiccups which need to be managed. Some of you may need health safeguards during the month. Towards the end of the month, some of you may make plans for long distance travel for work related matters.
Gemini Moon Sign
For those born with the Moon in Gemini/Mithuna, this should be, broadly, a favourable month – especially from around the end of the first week of May – more so if you are a teacher, writer, engineer, business manager, diplomat or a banker. During the month, you will apply your logic and discrimination to spiritual matters and matters related to transportation. There may be sudden and completed unexpected short trips during the month which may have linkages to overseas or distant places. Ensure that you do not get into any altercation with siblings, neighbours or co-workers. If you want partnership and contracts to progress well check and re-check on the accuracy of all dealings. If some partnerships are not progressing well keep pursuing matters till they get sorted out.
Cancer Moon Sign
Passions may be inflamed this month. The theme of (your) children doing well will continue from the previous month. If you do not have children, then there may be gains via sport, competition or even some form of lottery. However, do not try your hand in speculation after the 25th May as this may lead to losses. For some, there may be gains via profession via bold moves in the workplace. Some may travel overseas and the children of others may travel overseas during this month. If you are looking for support from either the government or some form of authority, you may be successful this month.
Leo Moon Sign
For those with travel plans, the time till about the 4th May will be tedious on account of delayed communication on account of malfunctioning devices like the phone/computer or even the computer software. Since your 9th Lord Mars will be in the 10th House during this month, professional matters will progress well if you are bold (not foolhardy!) in your actions. Since the Rasi Lord Sun will be in the 9th House travel may enable you to meet people in authority. For those with children, there may be happiness on account of their academic performance, other achievements or even on account of their recovery from some illness. Transit Sun will be transiting in Taurus from the 15th May. This augurs well for your finances.
Virgo Moon Sign
For those with Virgo Moon sign, Saturn is currently in the 4th House from the natal Moon and is moving in a retrograde direction towards the 3rd House. Saturn in the 4th House is, generally, not considered to be very auspicious. However, this general dictum cannot be used blindly. If your 4th House has a high Ashtakavarga score (more than 26 points – higher the better) then the transit of Saturn may not be bad. Still, the next 30 months may not be conducive for home, conveyance, domestic environment. The results will vary from case to case based on the planetary placement in your Birth Chart. When retrograde Saturn moves to the 3rd House from June 21,2017 to November 01, 2017 – the effect of Saturn in the 4th House will remain under suspension.
Despite the above, for the eligible, there may be wedding bells! For others, there may be an increase in their wealth through partnerships. Your Janma Rasi Lord, Mercury, turns direct on the 3rd May while transiting through the 8th House of the partner’s wealth. There may be gains from this direction.
Libra Moon Sign
Venus is exalted in the 6th house. Are you looking for an assignment/employment? You may find it in a distant place from your current location. This is also a good time to crawl out of any difficult situation that you may be in. Health safeguards during this month is a good idea since there may be minor ailments and even a short hospitalization for a few with Libra Moon Sign. Overall, trade or business should be upbeat during the month especially when connected with the overseas markets.
Scorpio Moon Sign
This is the month to be circumspect about partnerships – business partnership, marriage or any other endeavour which requires people getting together. Some Scorpio natives may put efforts to get relationships going while others, if the natal chart so signifies, get into a difficult position vis-a-vis partnerships. A romantic association may also build up during the month.
Sagittarius Moon Sign
You will see success in the workplace if you are willing to be persistent in pursuing matters – else you are likely to encounter delays. Some of you may see a marginal diminishing of wealth. Others will see their status change vis-a-vis their family. It may not manifest in May, but this year (till about September) is good for progress in professional and career related matters.Some of you may have seen progress in this area in the earlier months – others too may – by September 2017.
Capricorn Moon Sign
Your Janma Rasi lord Saturn sizzles around the 25th May as it crosses over from Sagittarius, your 12th House to Scorpio the 11th House. That is, Saturn is in a retrograde motion as it moves to Scorpio. As Saturn moves from a Water sign to a Fire sign it will sizzle – activating matters pertaining to your 12th House as well as the 11th House. However, in in the month of May it is mainly the 12th House matters which will come to the fore. Long distance travel (if is is due), progress in meditation (if you are so inclined), investments (if you are a punter), repayment of debt (if you don’t believe in living a borrowed life) are all indicated. You may experiment with sleeping on the floor or look to migrate to a distant place. All these are possible, depending on the possibilities shown in your personal natal chart (birth chart)
Aquarius Moon Sign
Your Janma Rasi Lord Saturn, which is also your 12th Lord is retrograde in your 11th House and moving toward the 10th House. Depending on your personal planetary placements, some may be involved in spiritual and humanitarian work. Others may enjoy sensory pleasures. Business people may do well and get profits from foreign lands – provided other planets are also indicative of this. At the same time, so of you may lose contact with friends or feel a little disturbed with the state of things. If applicable, your mother may have an increase in her wealth/savings via Real Estate. All these are the possible outcomes for May.
Pisces Moon Sign
The eligible ones may hear wedding bells at a distance. There may be interest in acting, music, art, writing, painting sales and marketing and related fields. For those already in this field, you may do well in May – especially after the 5th of the month. A lady may play an important role in your business or profession. Those in the business of art, aesthetics and design may do well in May. You may need to restrain yourself from giving in too much to please others. Be careful of problems which you may encounter while travelling out of the country. Some of you may gain financially through your siblings or close friends or neighbours. You will feel courageous and adventurous this month. Make the most of it!
There are still a few day to go in April – if you need to look up your April predictions, click here: Moon Sign predictions for April 2017
Pai Paddhati is a system of analysing a horoscope or a Birth Chart created using the using the rules of Vedic or Sidereal astrology. The purpose of this post is to give a step-by-step process for using the Pai Paddhati.
This explanation of Pai Paddhati here is neither with the permission of its creators nor does it carry any endorsement from them. However, the method itself is in public domain and thus, this blog post does not in any way infringe on any copyright on the methodology. The original explanation for this technique was given in three separate public domain videos on KRSchannel hosted on YouTube. The original video links are here:
For those who find the written word more vivid than a video, here is a step-by-step walk-through of the process:
Before you read this further, download the Pai Table:
Now, let’s look at the various columns of the Pai Table:
2.The next column is the SC Column. SC is Soul Cycle. All the 27 Nakshatras have been categorised into 9 parts as under:
So, if you are analysing a planet in, let’s say, Bharani then Aries becomes the Lagna for that analysis (since Bharani is placed in Aries) and the 1st House becomes an important point for analysing that chart. Let’s take another example. If the planet that you want to analyse is placed in Vishakha Pada I then Libra becomes the Ascendant (Lagna) as Vishakha I is placed in Libra. If the planet you need to analyse is placed in Vishakha Pada 4 then Scorpio becomes the Ascendant as Vishakha Pada 4 is placed in Scorpio. Since Vishakha is part of Soul Cycle (SC) VI the 6th house from Scorpio (Vishakha 4) or the 6th house from Libra ( for a planet in Vishakha 1,2 and 3) becomes an important part of the analysis.
3. The column after SC (Soul Cycle) is the Rasi Cycle or Rasi Pada (RP). Each Rasi has 9 Padas. For example, Aries/Mesha has Ashwini Pada 1,2,3 and 4. This is followed by Bharani 1,2,3 and 4. This is followed by Krittika Pada 1 – completing the 9 Padas of Aries or Mesha Rashi. So, a planet in Aries Pada 1 will have Soul Cycle 1 and Rasi Cycle or Rasi Pada 1. If a planet is in Ashwini Pada 2 then it will be considered as having Soul Cycle 1 and Rasi Pada 2. These details can be taken from the Pai Table or the Pai Map. So, when analysing a planet in Ashwini Pada 2, one will make Aries the Lagna (as Ashwini Pada 2 falls in Aries). Since the Soul Cycle for Ashwin is 1 (for all 4 Padas of Ashwini), the First House will be an important part of the analysis. Next, since planet under analysis is in Ashwini pada 2 the RP (Rasi Pada) is 2 making the 2nd House as an important focal point. The First House deals with self. The Second House deals with wealth/family. So with this combination of SC 1 and RP 2, the wealth or family or one’s own wealth could be analysed.
4. The next column is NL-O. NL-O stand for ‘Nakshatra Lord’s Own House. If the planet being examined is in, say Bharani Pada 1 then the Nakshatra Lord’s Own Houses (NL-O) are Taurus and Libra. This is because the Nakshatra Lord of Bharani (under the Vimshottari Dasha System) is Venus and Venus owns Taurus and Libra.
5. The next column is ‘H’. H stands for House and indicates the House No. of the Houses specified under NL-O. The Houses under NL-O (above) are Libra and Taurus. Since Bharani 1 was being examined above, the sign of Aries (where Bharani 1 is placed) becomes the Lagna for the purpose of this example. With Aries as the First House (Lagna), Taurus becomes the Second House and Libra becomes the Seventh House. Therefore 2 and 7 are the indicators here indicating the role of Houses 2 and 7 for the purpose of the analysis of this chart.
6. The next column is NL-M. NL-M stands for the Moolatrikona Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord. If Bharani 1 is being examined (as an example), then NL-M is represented by Libra as Libra/Thula is the Moolatrikona Rasi for the Nakshatra Lord Venus.
7. The subsequent column is H. This H stands for the House No. of the Nakshatra Lord which was identified in point 6 above. It was identified above that the Moolatrikona Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord, Venus is Libra. Libra or Thula is the 7th House from Aries – where Bharani Pada 1 is placed. So, the 7th House becomes important in this analysis.
8. The next column is NL-E or the Exaltation Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord. If Bharani Pada 1 is being examined then the Nakshatra Lord is Venus and the Exaltation Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord is Pisces/Meena Rasi.
9. The column after NL-E is, once again, H. This H here stands for the House No. of the Nakshatra Lord which was identified in point 8 above. It was identified above that the Exaltation Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord, Venus is Pisces. Pisces/Meena the 12th House from Aries – where Bharani Pada 1 is placed. So, the 12th House also becomes important in this analysis.
10. The next in line is the column NL-D or the Debilitation Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord. If Bharani Pada 1 is analysed then the Nakshatra Lord is Venus and the Debilitation Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord is Virgo/Kanya.
11. The column after NL-D is, once again (not again! They could have called this HD instead of H!) H. This H stands for the House No. of the Nakshatra Lord which was identified in point 10 above. It was identified above that the Debilitation Rasi of the Nakshatra Lord, Venus is Virgo. Virgo/Kanya the 6th House from Aries – where Bharani Pada 1 is placed. So, the 6th House also becomes important in this analysis.
12. Now, the column is II-M or the Invisible Influence of the Moolatrikona Planet. Here’s how you determine it. If Bharani 1 is being analysed (or a planet in Bharani 1) then the Rasi in question is Aries/Mesha since Bharani 1 is placed here. The question to be asked is: ‘ Is there a planet which has its Moolatrikona position in Bharani Pada 1 in Aries?” The answer is that Mars has its Moolatrikona position in Aries in Bharani Pada 1 (The Moolatrikona position of Mars extends from 0 degrees to 12 degrees in Aries). So, Mars becomes an important planet in this analysis
13.M,E,D – H: This is the heading of the next column. M stands for Moolatrikona. E stands for Exaltation position. D stands for Debilitation position. Here you have to check if any planet has its Moolatrikona position in Bharani Pada 1 which is being analysed. Mars has its MT (Moolatrikona) position in Bharani Pada 1 (which is the Nakshatra being analysed). Mars will cast its influence on Aries (its Moolatrikona House) which is House No. 1 (Aries as Lagna), on Capricorn which is the Exaltation Rasi of Mars (House No. 10 from Aries) and Cancer which is the Debilitation House of Mars (House No. 4 from Aries). So, in this chart analysis, the MT sign (Aries which is the First House) will get the benefit of the positive influence of Mars, Capricorn, which is the 10th House will get the benefit of being the Exaltation position of Mars and Cancer which is the 4th House may suffer (this is the place where the native needs to work hard) if the native does not put in extra effort in this part of his/her life.
14. The next 2 columns are II-E and M,E,D -H. The concept of Moolatrikona (MT) which was applied in point no. 13 above has to be applied if there is any planet which has it Exaltation Positon in Bharani Pada 1 (the Nakshatra being analysed). Since no planet has its Exaltation position here, there is no Invisible Influence (II) associated with the Exaltation of any planet in connection with Bharani Pada 1.
15. The last two columns are II-D and M,E,D – H. Check if any planet gets debilitated in the Nakshatra being analysed – which in this case is Bharani Pada 1. No planet gets debilitated here so there is no II (Invisible Influence) of any planet on its Moolatrikona Sign, Exaltation Sign or Debilitation Sign. However, if the Nakshatra being analysed had been Bharani Pada 2 then you would have noted that Saturn gets debilitated in Bharani Pada 2. If this had been the case then Saturn would have cast its Invisible Influence (II) on Aquarius which is its MT sign and the 11th Rasi from the Lagna (Aries which hold Bharani Pada 2). Saturn would have also cast its II (Invisible Influence) on Libra which is the 7th House from Aries and the Exaltation Sign of Saturn. Also, Saturn would have also cast its influence on the Lagna (First House) which is Aries and which is the Debilitation Sign of Saturn.
This concludes an explanation of Pai Paddhati. In the next instalment, I will analyse a chart using this technique. Should you have any queries, leave a comment or write to me.